Lonely Planet USA’s Best Trips (Travel Guide)
We have a number of these books for specific regions, but if you are only getting one, this ‘best’ of book is a great choice. If it is your first, it probably won’t be your last.
Disclosure: Please note this post may contain affiliate links. This means – at no additional cost to you – we earn a commission if you make a purchase using our links. We only link to products and companies we use and recommend. The income goes toward supporting the free content on this site and community.
Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of USA’s open roads with Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips, your passport to unique experiences waiting along American highways. Featuring 52 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can journey through the Rockies’ spectacular parks or follow scenic Appalachian byways, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily – 197 easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road – local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Covers New York, New England, Florida & the South, Great Lakes, Great Plains, Rocky Mountains, Southwest, California, Pacific Northwest and more