BV 2-Bike Hitch Mount Bicycle Rack Carrier for RV, Car or Truck
Disclosure: Please note this post may contain affiliate links. This means – at no additional cost to you – we earn a commission if you make a purchase using our links. We only link to products and companies we use and recommend. The income goes toward supporting the free content on this site and community.
We bought this bike rack in late 2017 and have been very happy with it. We used to carry our bikes on a ladder rack of the RV. The ladder rack worked ok, except for it limited access to the roof, and was a high lift to put the bikes on the rack. We love this new bike rack because we can quickly and easily switch it back and forth between the hitch on the RV and the hitch on our Jeep. This allows us to leave the rack on the RV most of the time. But when we want to leave the RV behind and take our bikes somewhere special we can transport them with the Jeep. Sometimes we are camped in an area that is not ideal for biking but it might only be a short drive from some great trails.
When mounted on the jeep, we love that the rack can tilt away while still attached, which allows access to the rear hatch of the Jeep without removing the bikes. If we don’t have any bikes on the rack, the rack can quickly fold up significantly reducing it’s size so you don’t need to worry about bumping into things, or having others bump into it.
We also like the tray style bike rack because they hold the bikes in position much better than racks that let the bikes hang down. It feels far more secure. The rack also comes up from the hitch putting the trays at a nice level for lifting the bikes onto it. The elevated rack also gives lots of clearance when driving on uneven surfaces. In fact, we have gone on some pretty significant four wheeling trails with the bike rack on the back and have not had an issue with the rack or more importantly, the bikes, hitting the ground.
We have been very happy with this purchase.
- Tilt Back Design – The tilt backward design enables users to open the rear gates without detaching the hitch rack.
- Fold Up Design – User can fold up the rack when not in use. Smart idea to save space!
- Safety Reflector – This rack includes a rear safety reflector to enhance the visibility, ensuring the night driving safety.
- Anti-wobble Design – This rack offers patented 2-way anti wobble system, eliminating the wobbling between the rack and hitch.
- Tray-styled Loops and Padded Arms – Not only can firmly held your bike in place, the padded arms can protect your bike from scratching.