Gettysburg Farm RV Campground Dover PA

This post may contain affiliate links.


Gettysburg Farm RV Campground was a pleasant surprise. Part of the Thousand Trails camping network and in the north east zone. We visited this campground in Dover PA after a 3 day stay in New York City, and it was an amazing change from the raw, intense energy of NYC and our very tight campsite at Liberty Harbor RV Park in New Jersey close to Manhattan.

Stopping in Amish country on the way here, was part of the fun counter culture experience after our time in NYC.  We stayed here the week before Halloween, and would have likely stayed longer if that was not the last week they would be open for the season.  Halloween at this campground is a BIG deal.  It was amazing how engaged the park and members were in the holiday.



We both loved this campground.  Admittedly, Marc’s enthusiasm was probably amplified by it being such a welcome change from our intense few days in NYC.  Gettysburg Farm RV Campground is located in a rural farming area of Pennsylvania and is a working farm itself.  There are many farm animals on the property that are accustomed to having people around and are very friendly. The animals are especially friendly if you have some of the animal feed purchased from the office.
Gettysburg Farm RV Park in Dover PA would be especially great for families with younger kids because the farm animals, playgrounds and other kid focused amenities.  Even more so if you can time your stay when they are doing their big Halloween festivities. 

RV Sites at Gettysburg Farm RV Campground

Gettysburg Farm RV Campground is medium size with around 200 campsites.  Roughly 60% are full-hook up (half of those are 50 amp, half 30 amp). The other 40% of sites are along a river in the back part of the park and are water and electric hook-up only. Most of the roads and sites were gravel, but well maintained. All sites at this RV park are back in.


  • Very quiet campground area
  • Farm animals are really fun (if you are into that)
  • Sites were all pretty level and full hook up sites were in very good condition
  • Well maintained park with very friendly staff
  • No extra charge for 50 amp
  • Pool and nice playgrounds for kids


  • Not all sites are full-hook-up
  • Season closes early-ish before end of October

WIFI and Mail

We had great cell coverage here. 3-4 bar LTE signal with Verizon. We received a number of packages here. But, we always recommend checking with the main office before shipping anything, to make sure that they still allow packages.


This is one of our favorite campgrounds in the TT network so far.  The farm atmosphere was really fun and had unique appeal.  Great coverage and great location.  We would love to come back here again and do more exploring of the larger area outside of the campground.  We love staying at Thousand Trails campgrounds.  Thanks to our Thousand Trails Membership, we are able to stay with no nightly fee.  Learn more about Thousand Trails by reading these posts.
Date of Stay: October 2015

Read More Campground Reviews in the North East


Leave a Comment

Pin It on Pinterest