Disclosure: Please note this post may contain affiliate links. This means – at no additional cost to you – we earn a commission if you make a purchase using our links. We only link to products and companies we use and recommend. The income goes toward supporting the free content on this site and community.
Whether you are browsing, RV shopping, learning, or dreaming, the Florida RV Supershow (also known as the Tampa RV Supershow) in January is well worth a visit. We’ll be there, in a Class C motorhome that we rented from a friend for the winter. Yep, we’re RV shopping again!
We’re excited to also be appearing at several meetups, that we hope you can join us for. So keep on reading for more details at the end of this article. We hope to see you at the show!
About the Tampa RV Show
Now in its 37th year, the RV Supershow takes place over 6 days, from January 19-23, 2022. Located at the Florida State Fairgrounds, the show has over 2 million feet of exhibition space, with more than 1,500 brand new RVs from hundreds of manufacturers. There are 450 vendor booths showcasing the latest and greatest in RV innovations, after market products, and accessories. Plus an array of RV resorts, campgrounds and travel destinations. They also have daily educational seminars, and non-stop entertainment which creates a fun and lively vibe all day every day.
The show attracts over 70,000 people each year – all kinds of RVers, campers and outdoor enthusiasts – and is truly enormous! So wear your comfortable shoes! But don’t worry, there are trams to help you get around the parking lots and interior roads.
Here’s the most important information you need to make the most of your visit. And if you can’t make it to the RV Supershow in person, you can virtually come along with us, via our social media posts on Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
Planning your visit
Before you go, you can also check out our previous articles, where we shared Our 12 Tips for Planning Your Visit to the Florida RV Supershow and our Guide to Visiting the Florida RV Supershow. But this post has the latest info on dates and ticket prices for 2022.
Where is it? The Florida RV Supershow is held at the Florida State Fairgrounds at 4800 US Highway 301 North, Tampa, FL 33610.
When is it? The event is open to the public from Wednesday, January 19 through to Sunday, January 23. The show is open from 10am – 6pm Wednesday through Saturday, and 10am – 5pm on Sunday.
Admission: Tickets are $12 per adult, which is good for two days at the show. Kids under 16 are FREE. Wednesday is Senior Citizens Day with $2 off. On all Show Days – Military (Retired and Active) and First Responders get $2.00 off (ID required.)
Parking and Camping: Overnight dry camping is available and handled by the Florida State Fairgrounds. No reservations are required and no services are offered. You don’t need to make a reservation and no services are offered. When you arrive at the Fairgrounds, you’ll pay an initial parking fee of $8 per car or $16 per RV upon arrival for the RV Supershow. Once you are at the admission window, you can purchase an additional permit for $20 to stay overnight in the parking lot for any number of nights you like.
Pet Friendly: You can bring your pets along, on a leash of course. Remember to bring your poop bags!
Public Safety Notice: Exposure to Covid-19 is an inherent risk in any public location. We cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit. At this time, we ask that if you are experiencing any respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue or have been exposed to an individual who has tested positive within the last 14 days, please do not attend the Florida RV SuperShow. Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Face masks are recommended for un-vaccinated or high risk individuals.
Other Useful Info and Downloads
Here are some other free and handy resources:
RV Shopping Tips
You’ve probably already found a lot of free, useful content here on our blog and YouTube channel. Here are a couple of our most popular that will get you pointed in the right direction. Plus some even more in depth resources.
1. Read our blog post – Choosing the Right Type of RV For You
2. Get some great tips and advice from experienced RVers in this video “What we wish we knew before we started RVing”
Plus these additional, invaluable resources that we’ve created to get you well on your way.
3. Read our book “Living the RV Life – Your Ultimate Guide to Life on the Road”. Chapters 2 and 3 in particular will help you prioritize what’s most important to you in an RV. And the rest of the book covers everything else you need to know to get started as an RVer. Available at all good bookstores – in print, digital and audio) or buy now from Amazon. If you’re attending the show and our events in person, we’ll have some copies on hand, which we are happy to sign for you.
4. Enroll in our online courses at RV Success School. These are online, guided, and self paced, so you can learn 24/7 at the time and place and on the device that works best for you. The VIP All Access Pass includes 9 courses – over 70 hours of invaluable content – including our two Hit the Road RV Summit events with many RV industry experts. Plus, you’ll get to join our monthly live calls with Q&A. You’ll avoid costly mistakes, save time and money, and set yourself up for RVing success.
RV Love Meetups and Book Signing Events
We’ll be hanging out, chatting with our community, and signing books at several booths – one each day – hosted by some of our favorite RV industry partners.
We’ll have a limited supply of our bestselling books: Living the RV Life and RV Hacks on hand. Or you can bring your own book/s along – we’d love to sign them for you. We’ll be giving away some free swag too 🙂
- Wednesday, January 19 from 2pm–4pm: We’ll be at the RV LIFE booth #B231. Feel free to ask us about our experience with their RV LIFE app and RV Trip Wizard which we use to plan and budget our RV travels.
- Thursday, January 20 from 12pm–2pm: Find us at the Battle Born Batteries Booth #A69. We’re happy to share our experience with their lithium batteries in our RVs, so we can get out there and stay out there!
- Friday, January 21 from 12pm–2pm: Come see us at the TSD Logistics / Open Roads Booth #A28. We’ll be happy to show you their app on our smartphones, so you can see for yourself how much our discount fuel card has been saving us!
- Saturday, January 22 from 12pm – 5pm: We’ll be hanging out at the Lippert Booth #A200, and also attending their seminar at 2pm. They will be talking about RV repairs and the new RV Tech Bridge service that we’ve been using to help diagnose and DIY our own RV repairs.
We would love to see you at the show, so come on down to Tampa!
Looking for RV Tour videos?
If you missed our coverage from previous shows, we’ve done a TON of walk throughs with commentary on all kinds of RVs, organized by type of RV. It’s a great place to start your online RV shopping. You’ll find all of our video tours and tips – for everything from Class A, B and C to campers, trailers and fifth wheels – rounded up right here.
Sign up for our email newsletter with the latest RV park reviews, news and updates.
GOT COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS?
We would love to hear from you. Drop us a note in the comments section below.
2 thoughts on “2022 Florida RV SuperShow: What You Need to Know”
Hello! We are thinking of heading over to the RV Show this weekend. Do you know if we are allowed to arrive Thursday afternoon at the fairgrounds for overnight dry camping (I cannot locate the answer online)? That would allow for a nice early start on Friday at the first day of the show. Also, is there a listing of the vendors somewhere? I don’t see it on their website. We may stop by on Friday to meet you and finally learn how to use our TSD Logistics discount card! Thanks, Tina and Andrew
Hi there – yes you can drive to the fairgrounds and park there overnight – I would arrive by 3 or 4 if you can. Download the app – link is in the blog post – I find the easiest way to view vendors is via the map – and you will get a show guide when you arrive as well. See you Friday!